Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

DIY - Chair Part 1

Hi angels, I hope you are all well and you are enjoying the sunshine we keep having.

A couple of weeks ago when the sun first started shining, I decided to finally go for it with my chair and sand off all the paint that was thickly laid on top.

This chair was in my dads first home so goodness knows how old it is and when the paint was done.

This was a long old slog but (with a little the help from the fam) I managed to get all the white/yellow/green/blue layers of paint off the chair and bring it back to it's wooden life.

Now there is still a bit of a way to go, it does still need sanding to a smoother finish and I need to decide how I want the finish to be. But I wanted to share the process with you so far as I'm so pleased with my hard work and perseverance to get the thick paint off.

Here are some pictures I took which show the progress of the removal of paint. I was so tired after all this but it did take me a few days!



The chair began with thick white paint and a few naughty stickers that my brother and I put on when we were younger.





Little did I know how thick the paint was and how many different colours were underneath! Luckily we had the tools and means to get this all off (eventually!)




I am so chuffed with the result so far! A bit more TLC in the future and varnish or paint, this chair will look a whole new item. I will also get a new fluffy cushion so I am super comfy.

Stay safe and speak soon,
George

No comments:

Post a Comment