Pages

Friday, May 1, 2020

Beltane!

Happy May Day and happy Beltane to all of you out there!


Firstly, here's to a new month, a fresh start for us all and fingers crossed a few changes to help us get back to normality.

Today is the Wiccan festival Beltane.

Beltane is such a great festival to celebrate the pleasures in life. A coming together of both masculine and feminine energy, with an abundance of natural maturity and fertility. I'm still new to the Wiccan festivals but I enjoy them a great deal. This last week I have been reading a lot about Beltane and felt the strong energy with that beautiful sunshine in-between those rainy clouds.

Beltane is considered the great wedding of the Goddess and God, it is a fertility festival in the peak of Spring. (I feel the peak of Spring with this hay fever starting...)

This night of Beltane is considered one of three spirit nights in which, at dusk, fairies can be seen. Which I am super excited for as I am a sparkle fairy myself.

Beltane is a fire festival, translating in Celtic to "Bright Fire".

Many people light bonfires where they can, as a symbol of this Spring energy. Many believe it is good luck to jump over the bonfire for future marriage and fertility. The fire is a purifying symbol for what is to come.

If you fancy having a mini Beltane festival yourself but cannot light a bonfire in your area; I've read that you can print images of fires, and add red/orange crystals, ribbons and candles to your alter.




Let me know what you're doing for Beltane, I'd love to know!

I'm going to take it easy, by appreciating Spring and the magic of this beautiful season.

I hope you are all taking it easy and staying safe!

Take care and speak soon,
George

No comments:

Post a Comment